Saturday, September 24, 2011

One of the Many Projects- Small sewing table!

So this is one of the many, many projects I have done.  This is actually a sewing machine cabinet that had been cut down to serve as a side table.  I bought it at an auction for $1.00 several years ago and my daughter used it in college apartments for several years.  As you can see in the "Before" picture, the top was in bad shape after some years of abuse.

I was going to get rid of it but needed a side table for the spare bedroom and thought- "what have I got to lose?" 
So I sanded it, painted it dark brown and used  an old lace curtain to spray paint a lace pattern on top. I was happy enough with the results for the spare room. 
The best part was- I already had the paint and the lace curtain.  SO basically a "new" table for free!  As my husband likes to say when something has been well worth the money- "That table doesn't owe you a dime!"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment