Saturday, September 24, 2011

Summer Patio Project

This is actually one from 2 summers ago and my husband helped me with this one.  My husband- Bless his heart- is not a fix it kind of guy, so anytime he helps me and we can complete a project together - it's rare and special!  This area is between the deck and the pool and I had tried to do something with it at various times.  It was very overgrown and needed attention!
I started by pulling weeds and digging up transplantable flowers.  I also had to pull up lots of old plastic weed barrier- that really didn't work so well.  Maybe your weed barrier works great... personally I find it works a couple of years and then it's like it was never there.  Needless to say - I did not put it back down. 

Then we bought "stones".  This was the expensive part!  But we laid them over a period of a couple of days.  When it is hot, I work slowly!

We also had this old firepit.  It too was in the middle of overgrown weeds and stuff.  When the kids were younger, we used it quite a bit.  We decided to move it and make it part of the patio - thinking we would use it again. 







We added stone around the firepit.  We hadn't planned on spending that money but decided it looked better so we did.  It really only cost like 20 bucks so we think it was worth it. 









  Next we added river gravel rock and redid some of the flower beds.



And there you have it!  We loved and still love the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment